Explore Alyssa Hayes from Minnesota joined me on WJON today. She pointed out some indoor and outdoor winter activities to participate in the state. That includes this weekend’s Brainerd Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravaganza.
- Explore the Minnesota Events Database highlights hundreds of seasonal events across the state:
- In the Twin Cities, Great Northern Festival, January 27-February 6, 2022 celebrates Minnesota’s daring winter culture, including the U.S. Pond Hockey Championships, St. Paul’s Winter Carnival, and City of Lakes Loppet Winter Festival, plus 10 days of diverse programming through outdoor public art exhibits, music, outdoor dining experiences and more.
- In central Minnesota, the Brainerd Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravaganza kicks off next weekend. It is one of the biggest ice fishing tournaments in the world.
- Or visit Little Falls’ largest ice carousel at ICE Fest, or Detroit Lakes’ Polar Fest taking place in February.
- Refuel at hundreds of resorts and bed and breakfasts open in the winter, or warm up with a visit to a museum and shopping at the Mall of America and small town boutiques across the country. State. MOA celebrates its 30th anniversaryand anniversary in 2022 with special events throughout the year!
- Anticipate this winter with Explore Weekly Minnesota Winter Trail Reports, and sign up for the new MN Slopes Passport for ski area discounts and prices.
- Much of the state is blanketed in snow and good conditions of groomed trails and slopes.
- Visitors can plan ahead with Explore Minnesota’s weekly winter trail reports. Explore Minnesota will report cross-country and snowmobile trail conditions every Thursday during the winter season.
- Minnesota is home to thousands of miles of trails for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, snowmobiling and more. Minnesota’s cross-country ski trails offer more skiing miles than a hike from St. Paul to Los Angeles, and there are 22,000 miles of trails for snowmobiling.
- Exploreminnesota.com offers endless travel planning resources, things to do, and places to go so travelers can rejuvenate every season of the year.
- Visitors can also call 888-VISITMN or chat live with one of our Minnesota travel experts.
Listen to my conversation with Alyssa Hayes below.