Hello, neighbors! Debora Whitehead here with your Sunday edition of the Glen Burnie Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Costs; cloudy, then a little sun. High: 66, low: 49.
Here are the best stories today at Glen Burnie:
- Glen Burnie Police: Man convicted of the murder of a former federal police officer. William McDonald, 41, was convicted of first degree murder, two counts of armed robbery and multiple gun charges in the shooting death of Benjamin Curtis, according to the State Attorney’s Office of Anne Arundel County. (CBS Baltimore)
- Headlines urge residents to take precautions coastal flooding: As coastal flooding continues in Anne Arundel County, we urge residents to assess current conditions they are experiencing and what is expected over the next 10 to 12 hours. Our coastal communities and those in the surrounding lowlands have already started to experience moderate to severe coastal flooding which has affected road accessibility. Coastal flooding is expected to peak around midnight when we expect to see an additional 8 inches of coastal flooding. (Anne Arundel County)
- Teacher accused of sexual abuse: An Anne Arundel County grand jury has indicted the former Annapolis High School teacher who was arrested and charged with sexually abusing one of his 17-year-old students. On July 6, 2021, Anne Arundel County Police and the Department of Social Services were notified of a possible sexual offense involving an Annapolis High School teacher and a student. (News Break)
Today at Glen Burnie:
Glen Burnie Notebook
- Anne Arundel County Library: “Just a seasonal recipe for spooky Halloween from the staff of the Maryland City Library.” (Instagram)
- Anne Arundel County Police: “Highway 32 Law Enforcement Effort Members of the traffic safety section of the Anne Arundel County Police Department along with several officers from the four police districts conducted a high-intensity traffic check on the road. the road. “(Instagram)
- Glen Burnie Volunteer Fire Company: “We decided to take our chances and open tonight! We try to open on time, but there may be a 30 minute delay due to weather conditions and staff arrival times. Sorry for any inconvenience! We will also be open on Saturday. ” (Facebook)
- North Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce: “Welcome returning Christo’s Discount Liquors member, John Christopoulos Founded in 1962, they offer the largest selection of beers, fine wines and spirits in northern Anne Arundel County. Wine and spirits discounts.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today. See you soon! If you resent these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Mariposa Ministry”, a non-profit family support program. her favorite quotes are “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Glen Burnie Daily? You can contact me at [email protected]